Thursday, January 9, 2014

CLEAN WHITE PARCHMENT

Nutshell #2 (it’s about time Marmie!  Somewhat busy with NWraw and family and….)

Zach’s first visit to NWRaw
It’s like that.  The new year is like a crisp white sheet of parchment.  I never dreamed in January 2013 that in February of the same, we would be given a dream seed of a new business.  Not in my vividest dreams could I have conjured up this new venture.  Truth is, we never know what a new year holds.  I wasn’t dreaming big enough.  That’s the problem.  What I thought was that we would be diving back into what we knew, not storming shoulders back into the new unknown.  This dream is bigger than the two of us.  It’s bigger than I could dream with a horde of dreamers.  We needed The Dream Giver to embark on this wild wonderfulness.  Astounding is what it is!  What will be written on our new parchments at the end of 2014?  Exciting to even imagine considering this past year.  What will be the joys, the challenges, the dreams and sorrows?  We will each have some of these things in the new year and most likely all, if not more.

We here on Staunton Hill are loving life; at NwRaw still hammering, still nailing, still waiting to open.  Challenge number one in 2014, open this new business ASAP.  We dreamed a dream, we pushed forward with gusto.  We gotta hike up that preverbal hill; take the high country.  Live the dream.  I like a good challenge and this new business is that.

Grand babies in the unfinished cupboards at NwRaw.  I adore this photo!

Good tidings came near the end of 2013.  News concerning the funds available for Zach in 2014; amazingly enough, plenty and then some for the hiring of a full daytime nanny!  Oh yeah, lets hear it folks!  *clap-clap-clap!  Now, Mary Poppins, if you could please appear at my front door.  Thank you very much.

What will Marmie Karen do with eight hours of care per day for her Zach Angel?  I’m reeling with ideas.  Reeeeeeling!  Write…work some at NWRaw and perhaps; no probably I will just sit and stare…breathe in the restful refreshing-ness of nothing pressing.  Tell my shoulders to get down….where they belong.  Mornings in my pjs with time to sip a hot cuppa.  Ahhhhh….

How will Zach do with a new caregiver?  She/He will be phenomenal, energetic and loving, stupendous…able to bring out the best in our beloved, or we won’t hire them, period.  In a nutshell, he will love it :).  Happy new year, happy new friend Zachie Angel!

We have our space at NwRaw almost completed and it is astoundingly beautiful.  We are working nearly around the clock to get those doors open.  Cold Pressed colorful goodness in a glass coming your way in weeks.


I can’t wait to post a full on photo of our shop and of people bustling in and out…for now…here’s a partial peek.

Dream, and stand back.  The filling of our 2014’s will be fabulous!

1 comment:

  1. Oh My...does this blog EVER fill me with gladness and hope. We are stoked beyond stoked for you guys. Keep up the social media communication! You have stalkers in central cali!!!!!

    ReplyDelete